Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Mexican Dresses


As sad as this sounds, I've been wanting a cute little (big) Mexican dress like the one Selma Hayek wore in Fools Rush In since I was pregnant with Bella. Those dresses are somewhat unflattering, but are PERFECT for maternity dress. Oddly enough, I can't find them locally. I could go to the boarder, but isn't not very safe anymore. (There aren't any pictures of it online...I guess I'm the only weirdo who finds it super cute.)

Anyway, I found this pattern online and I want to try my hand at making one. Sounds easy enough. I'll just use my embroidery machine to do the embroidery, but I'm thinking I will have to do it before it put everything together.

I'll post when it's done. I may have to just pick one up when we go to Texas!





I also found this beautiful shawl that I think I'll make eventually as well. I LOVE it but I wonder how often I'll wear it. I need to try my hand at making this shrug as well (since maternity clothes have mostly spaghetti straps).

No comments: