Saturday, October 16, 2010

Bates Nut Farm

In keeping with tradition, we took the kids to Bates Nut Farm to pick a pumpkin and take photos in their Halloween costumes. Bella wanted to be a princess but she has SO many princess dresses, I wanted to make her something a little different. (If you're wondering why her costume looks a little plain, she was put in charge of putting her tiara and shoes in the car but forgot so instead of looking like a princess, she just looked over-dressed.) I don't think I'm done with her costume, though. Abel suggested I make her a sash--which I think is an excellent idea.

Noah, our little Frog Prince, was much more cooperative in his costume than Bella was at his age. I kept it simple for him but I find his costume pretty funny. He just started talking and his first word was "wow". He loves going places (probably because he stays at home with the Nanny all day) so when we get out of the car he's always pointing at things and saying "wow".

He now calls for his blanket ("bebeeeee") and, since he loves dogs, he says "puppy" (he also called his horse "puppy"). Of course he's starting to say "mommy" and "daddy" though he's not very consistent.

I haven't been posting as many pictures of the kids, so I wanted to share a collage of our trip today. They loved everything--from the pumpkins (Bella thought the white pumpkins were pretty funny), petting zoo, and horse rids--they had a great day.





















No comments: