Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Embroidery Creations

I just realized I hadn't really posted any of my embroidery creations lately. Mostly because they are gifts and I wouldn't want the receiver to see what it is before they open it!

Anyway, we have a bridal shower coming up at work for a girl I used to be really close now (unfortunately part of being a supervisor means enforcing rules and some people have a hard time separating work from personal...so sad). Anyway, I bought her the Betty Crocker Bridal Edition cookbook. It looks amazing. I think everyone (but me) owns a Betty Crocker Cookbook. I'm going to flip through her book a little (very carefully) to see if I can't convince myself to go ahead and buy one.

I wanted to get her something else that was a little more personal. I really wanted to monogram cloth napkins for her. Unfortunately, I'm pretty picky (well, fortunately for you, if you are the gift receiver) and I wanted cloth linen-type napkins but the only white napkins Bed Bath and Beyond had were girly silk ones. Sure, they had linen napkins, but they were colored. I might just get the colors, but I don't know what color to get (the light blue was pretty tempting). She didn't register for china or crystal or any tableware for that matter, so I'm already going out on a limb with the napkin idea.

Since I couldn't find what I wanted, I bought a kitchen towel off her registry and monogrammed it. I may take a trip to Wal-Mart or Target to see if I can still find the napkins I'm looking for. Otherwise, I think I'm okay with her gift but I'm not certain. I'm having such a hard time with the gift just knowing how close we used to be and I feel like the gift sets a precident--are we still good friends or are we not. But in all honesty, I wasn't invited to the wedding, so I think that kind of says something. (She was tight on her guest list, so I can't really hold it against her).




I also made this hat for Bella for daycare. It's hard to read because of the picture, but the writing says "A friendly day indeed" and has a little bee on the back. It's a little gender-neutral but I thought the little embroidered trim added a little frilliness without going overboard. After all, this is going to double as a tool to carry dirt (like her other hats).




No comments: