Monday, September 21, 2009

The Tribulations of Being a Mother

I decided that the easiest costumes for me to do are Raggedy Ann and Andy given the amount of time I may or may not have in the coming weeks.

I went to Joann's yesterday to pick up some fabric so I could get started. By the time we go to the check out line, Noah was poopy and screaming. Then I turn around to find that Bella had spilled an entire 1 pound bag of M&Ms. It couldn't be the small individual-sized bags...and of course it had to be the peanut ones so that they rolled all over the place. The check out line turned into a giant Easter egg hunt. Because there's no "clean up on aisle 4" option at Joann's, both cashiers and the woman behind me in line had to come and help pick up. Bella quickly ate all the M&Ms she could find.

Before leaving, the woman behind me says "Honey, we've all been there." I can't wait to tell that to someone else.

Afterwards, we went to McDonald's so that Bella could play on the playground and I could just sit with some chicken nuggets in peace. Whoever came up with the indoor playplace deserves the Nobel Peace Prize. If only Subway were as innovative.

Both kids crashed by the time we got home and between then and bedtime, I managed to finish Bella's skirt (a trial run for a birthday gift for one of Bella's friends)--I think the skirt needs pockets--a hat for Bella's costume and a penafore (which I will hand embroider if I have time). The morning I finished her pantaloons. Proudly, all were completed without a pattern.





Bella's skirt was my wardrobe refashion project for this week--made out of a recycled shirt and pants.

No comments: