Monday, August 4, 2008

Will you Swap with me?










I was so excited about doing my first swap with one of my mom's groups (for those of you who don't know, in a swap, you compile a package for someone and someone compiles one for you). The individual I received had three children so I wanted to make something for each of them--can you imagine just one kid receiving a gift? I did some research and knew she liked homemade/WAHM things--so I made something for each of her kids.

For the infant, I made a kimono shirt and matching bias tape. I just love it. The colors and the pattern. So irresistable!

For the middle boy, I made an R2D2 embroidered shirt. I embroidered the R2D2 by hand for character). Perfect for a budding Luke Skywalker.

For the oldest girl, I made a personalized jacket. I should preface this by saying it didn't come out like I wanted, but once I brought it home, I drew a blank on how to decorate it. All-in-all, I like the color and patterns of the fabrics...just not sure I like how it turned out overall.

We were supposed to mail our packages out today. I guess if I don't hear from her in a few days, this will be a good excuse to open up an etsy shop (like I've been wanting for some time). So maybe it's not SUCH a bad thing!

No comments: