Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Help me

...pick fabrics. I've been trying to decide on fabrics to go with Bella's quilt and I'm torn between whimsical fabrics similar to these below. My idea is to cut the ikea quilt into blocks (so that each character is on a separate block) and have the characters dancing in a spiral-type pattern around the quilt. There will be an inner (or outer) spiral of other the other fabrics. Unless anyone has any better ideas...









Or, one of these collections. All designer fabrics which mean that the quilt would cost significantly more, but so beautiful, modern, and vintage all at the same time (I may even nix the ikea pattern I've already picked out).


Park Slope Fabrics



Bell Bottom by Jennifer Paganelli



Annabella by Tina Givens



Modern Collection by Amy Butler

3 comments:

Jennifer Paganelli said...

Definitely Bell Bottom!!!!!!!!!! Tee Hee Best to you, Jennifer

robyns_song said...

OF COURSE! (Not that you're partial or anything :o) ) I think it has a playful, almost jester-style. I have to say I love the turquoise and chocolate designs. And I thought the Girlfriends line was tough to beat!

robyns_song said...

BTW, you can thank Amy Karol in her "Bend-the-Rules Sewing" book for my love of Girlfriends.