Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Wardrobe Refashion

I decided to try something new to improve my garmet sewing skills and after looking through a few new blogs for some ideas, I ran across The Wardrobe Refashion website and decided to start the project in September.

The Wardrobe Refashion project requires that you make the following pledge:

I, Robyn, pledge that I shall abstain from the purchase of "new" manufactured items of clothing, for the period of 2 months. I pledge that I shall refashion, renovate, recycle preloved items for myself with my own hands in fabric, yarn, or other medium for the term of my contract. I pledge that I will share the love and post a photo of my refashioned, renovoted, recycled, crafted or created item of clothing on the Wardrobe Refashion blog, so that others may share the joy that thy thriftiness brings! Signed, Robyn.

Although I can fit into some of my prepregnancy jeans (I can button the others, but there is some baby love on the sides, so it's not pretty yet), I think this project will help me to resist purchasing new clothes to fit my temporary size. Plus, it'll give me a good excuse to start making some clothes for Noah, who has thus far been sadly neglected with respect to homemade clothes.

Bella's friends also need some lovin', so hopefully this will force me to set aside the time to repay their mom for all of the support they've provided after Noah was born.

2 month pledge

No comments: