Wednesday, August 19, 2009

There's a Rumbly in Noah's Tumbly

Last night was a long night for Noah and I. Regardless, I still woke up early to get us all ready to visit my office. Now, don't get me wrong. I didn't make it to the gym or anything, but I certainly woke up early enough to shower AND dry my hair.

Seeing everyone was great and I think we may have inspired some newly-weds to start their families. :o) Of course Noah was sleeping at the time--they may have reconsidered if they were here last night.

This afternoon, the rumbling started again. The poor little guy (and poor me) must be in a lot of pain.

I'm a firm believer that our mothers (grandmothers and great-grandmothers) had it right by laying babies on their tummies. Not only does this releave gas pain, but it also helps strengthen their neck muscles. In the days of SIDS scares, this is taboo but it does provide Noah with some temporary relief.



I also headed to Henry's to get some Gripe Water. For those of you who, like Abel, don't know what Gripe Water is, it's an old herbal remedy (your grandmother probably used it) which includes fennel and ginger. This didn't work as well as I'd hoped. Neither did my Old Faithful, Mylecon (it's a gas relief product--think liquid Tums).



The poor guy only wants to nurse but then screams in pain. I'm going to do some more research for some additional ideas, but in the meantime, tonight should be interesting. I think I'll have a chocolate chip cookie.


Bella "taking pictures" of Noah

No comments: