Friday, September 11, 2009

The Energy is Up

So I finally have more energy and although I can't say that I'm a pro at handling two kids, I'm definitely getting more things finished during the day. I took my sewing machine into the shop to be worked on, so in the meantime, I only have my mother-in-law's machine to work with. I've definitely been spoiled with my machine and, as they say, absence makes the heart grow fonder. :)

Bella has a parade on Saturday and we've been making preparations. She must wear her dance t-shirt and black shorts. I made the pair below (nothing major) from a thrifted t-shirt and used a pair of her shorts for a pattern since all of my patterns are in storage. In hindsight, I should have used a cotton material and made cute shorts with a ruffle on the bottom. Oh well.



We also FINALLY put the clear coat on her wagon. Four coats painfully lovingly sanded between coats. It looks beautiful.



And what was Noah doing during all of this? Sleeping in Bella's doll bed (which also needs a clear coat).





I've also started working on refinishing a bench that we bought off Craigslist. It'll go in the pool area for our new house. To do this, I enlisted the help of a certain two year old. Using her is always recommended unless you wish to return to a tornado in your living room.



I'm certainly going to do a much better job finishing it than what was done before. Yuck!


And we also purchased a chandelier for our house. This was an amazing $20 find off Craigslist.



I deserve a lot of chocolate.

No comments: